My son, Phillip, was born in December 2013. Like any new parent the steep learning curve of how to raise a child then started. But just as much as we had to learn to raise a child, Phillip had to learn to adapt from womb to world. As most parents will agree it becomes a trial and error journey, in search for what is best for both you and your child. With the internet, advice of different people and all the various baby products that one can choose from, we felt that it made decision making challenging and parenting more complicated. My wife and I were so overwhelmed with all the information and choices, we ended up buying way more stuff than what we actually needed in the end.
The reality of the matter is having your first child is a daunting experience and an expensive exercise! And the funny part for me is the fact that once the baby is born you then only realize what you actually need. But I do agree that the awaiting the birth of your child’s birth is an exciting time and the preparation of the baby room, buying those little jumpers and making sure you are ready are one of the best times in your life!
But back to the story
The above journey led to the creation of BabyWombWorld in 2015. The combination of looking at the womb-world, the instinctive loving care of a mother and the analytical engineering background of a father, resulted in the first BabyWombWorld product that made a huge difference in our lives. The BabyWombWorld Ring Sling!
Many people do not like a ring sling, but in my view, I think this is one of the best products on the market and was, in our case, a life saver!
We used our ring sling daily and when Phillip got irritated or difficult, he went into the sling and within minutes he calmed down or even fell asleep.
READ MORE: What is babywearing
We took this sling wherever we went. In my view, this was the most important and best baby product we had with both our children! And yet nobody told us to buy one up front.
Ever since we are constantly looking at ways and means, using what we have learned, to assist new parents with this unfamiliar transition of womb to world. Our mission at BabyWombWorld is simple, but one that we live by every day and whenever we look at new products this is our ultimate criteria:
TO MAKE A POSITIVE DIFFERENCE IN EACH PARENT’S LIFE, CONTRIBUTING TO THE SUCCESSFUL UPBRINGING OF THEIR NEWBORN CHILD.
What have we achieved at BabyWombWorld this far?
I am South African and my family and I still stay in South Africa. We however launched the BabyWombWorld brand first in the US.
In June 2016 we then decided to bring the BabyWombWorld brand to South Africa. Since then we managed to grow BabyWombWorld into a reputable brand in South Africa competing against the big brand names in the market.
Over the past years, we have been blessed with some wonderful feedback on the products we have launched, especially in South Africa. And as I have already mentioned, we strive to always look at what mothers need and to see whether there is new product and innovations that will make your life easier.
Below are some of our achievements thus far:
- BabyWombWorld Double Electric Breast Pump – MamaMagic Finalist Nomination in Mom’s Essential Category 2018
- BabyWombWorld Double Electric Breast Pump – MamaMagic Finalist Nomination in Parent’s Choice Category 2018
- 2-in-1 Co-Sleeper and Camp Cot – MamaMagic Finalisnalist Nomination in Parent’s Choice Category 2018
- 2-in-1 Co-Sleeper and Camp Cot – MamaMagic Finalist Nomination in Parent’s Choice Category 2018
- BabyWombWorld Hubdic Nasal Aspirator – MamaMagic Finalist Nomination in Parent’s Choice Category 2018
- BabyWombWorld 8036 Baby Video Camera System – MamaMagic Finalist Nomination in Parent’s Choice Category 2018
- Certificate of Excellence for the BabyWombWorld Expo Stand at MamaMagic 2018 Jhb Summer Expo
- BabyWombWorld 9021 Baby Video Camera System – MamaMagic Finalist Nomination in Parent’s Choice Category 2017
- BabyWombWorld Jumper Baby Dual Mode Thermometer – Overall Winner of the Parent’s Choice Category 2017
- BabyWombWorld Nanny Camera with WiFi – Overall Winner of the Safety Category 2017
- BabyWombWorld Portable Mesh Nebuliser Kit – Overall Winner of the Baby Essentials Category 2017
One of our proudest moments was when out Portable Mesh Nebuliser was named as the overall best new baby product for 2017 in South Africa.
This award is a yearly award presented by MamaMagic during which all the best new products for the year gets judged by experts and parents.
The Future for BabyWombWorld
At BabyWombWorld we are continuously looking at ways and means to how we can help you as a new or current parent.
And in 2019 we are planning to launch more of our popular products that we are selling in South Africa in the US.
Along with our products we have teamed up with some industry experts and on a weekly basis, we will be providing you with tips and relevant news that will hopefully give you an alternative view of how to raise your child or just to cope as a mother.
I think that is enough from me. I hope I have given you some insight about the BabyWombWorld Story and our plans for the year. Please stay tuned, sign up for our newsletter and make sure that you follow our Social Media Pages.