Who doesn’t love their birthday? It is such a fun day that is dedicated just to you.
- Celebrate with fanfare. Cover their bedroom floor with balloons or fill them up with helium so they float to the ceiling. A room filled with balloons are a fun way to start the day.
- Cake in bed is a must. Wake your child up with a cupcake and a candle and let them eat it in bed. It is such a treat, especially for the older children.
- Decorate their place at the dining room table. Put a funky place mat, some Happy Birthday sprinkles. Leave it there for all meals for the day.
- Introduce the Birthday Bunny and add some magic to their birthday. The birthday bunny is responsible for bring all the birthday presents and watches that the children behave.
- Ask the birthday child to choose all the meals for the day.
- Start a tradition. Go to a restaurant for dinner/lunch or they get to take the day off school.
- Add a little note to their lunch box with a special birthday wish.
- Let them decide on the activities for the day. If they must go to school, let them decide what you do on the weekend.
- Make them a birthday badge that they can wear so everyone knows it is their special day.
- Break a few rules. Let them stay up a little bit later or have some cake for dinner.
These may seem like small things, but they can make the day extra special for your little one. Whatever you decide to do don’t forget to take photos to capture the moment.